Click the link below to read more updates about Tom from his family:

Singing together somewhere in time

Singing together somewhere in time
Tom & Gwen

Tom Hunter

For information about Tom Hunter, his ideas, and his music, visit www.tomhunter.com.

Tom Hunter left all of us a legacy of celebration, music, compassion and giving to our communities. Throughout his lifetime, Tom worked with people of all ages and backgrounds to teach new ways of learning and living. We all are committed to "keeping it going" by remembering his smile and his music and his voice.

There was a tremendous outpouring of support for the Hunters during this transition, and the family is deeply grateful.

TOM'S HEALTH

Tom Hunter was diagnosed on May 20, 2008 with Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease and died on June 20, 2008.

On September 2, 2008, a letter from the National Prion Disease Pathology Research Center confirmed that Tom had what's called 'sporadic CJD' (sCJD). His was an extremely rare type of sCJD that one in 4.5 million people are diagnosed with annually. We're very grateful that he did not have the inherited form, but it's critically important that a cure for all forms of CJD (caused by scrapy proteins in the brain which can take up to 40 years to manifest and kill their victims) are found. All forms of CJD are fatal.

The most accurate and up-to-date site for learning about CJD and supporting efforts to find a cure is http://www.cjdfoundation.org/ .

Tom and Gwen

Tom and Gwen
2007

Tom and Aeden

Tom and Aeden
May 8,2008

Tom and Irene

Tom and Irene
May 24th, 2008

To live on this earth
you must be able
to do three things:
To love what is mortal;
To hold it
against your bones knowing
your own life depends on it;
And when the time comes to let it go,
to let it go.

mary oliver

DONATIONS

Please help provide financial support by sending whatever you can. We are hoping for lots of $25. hugs- or whatever works for you - to help the Hunters with medical and transition expenses. They also want to protect the wetlands, forest and farm* that have seen so much of their love over the years and to help keep Tom's work alive in the world. (*Contributions given specifically for the mortgage have been moved with overwhelming gratitude to the new Tom Hunter Memorial Account described above.) If you wish to make a donation please make checks payable to Tom Hunter Family Donation (or to Tom Hunter Memorial Account) and mail to:

Whatcom Educational Credit Union
PO Box 9750
Bellingham, WA 98227

If you'd prefer to donate safely and securely using your credit/debit card, use this button:

Now the focus narrows to just the steps ahead. You have a chorus of knowing, loving voices all over this planet to sing you home.
flip

PHOTOS - NOW ON A NEW PAGE

Many of the photos from this page and also new ones have been moved to their own page and can be viewed by clicking on the link below. If you have photos to share please send them to us at tomhunterblog@gmail.com Thanks.

Singing with friends

Singing with friends
Salem Oregon 1990

Laughing at a story

Laughing at a story
June 7th from Marie
"All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today" Indian Proverb
with love from Gege Manolis

Tom and Irene

Tom and Irene
June 2008

COMMENTS and HOW TO HELP

To leave a comment for Tom and his family please scroll to the bottom of this page, and then come back up to today's date on the left side. Click on "comments" and leave your message in the box on the right side of the comments page. Your comment will not show up immediately as all comments go through the postmaster. They will be posted as soon as possible. If your comment is not posted within 24 hours please contact the postmaster at tomhunterblog@gmail.com

There are many ways to help. Please click on www.tomhuntersupport.blogspot.com under Music, Meals, Flowers, Yard Work, Farm Work below or look for the How to Help section opposite the daily comments on the right side of the blog towards the bottom.

The Hunter Family

The Hunter Family

Words from Tom's Dad

May 26
Somebody noticed what you did today
Somebody noticed little things along the way
How you watched how you listened to what children do and say;
Somebody noticed what you've done alway
'Tis grace has brought us safe thus far,
And grace will lead us home.

May 29
And the Angels took care of him.

May 31st
The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you, your family, the city of Bellingham, and the world, peace-- both now and forevermore. Amen

Tom with the love quilt

Tom with the love quilt
From First Congregational Church of Bellingham

Aeden, Tom & Willard Hunter

Aeden, Tom & Willard Hunter
Three Generations

Tom and Cindy

Tom and Cindy
Prayer rocks from Lummi Island
"Sometimes healing is more than getting better. Sometimes it's love revealed....." - Tom Hunter

Aeden and Tom, April '08

Aeden and Tom, April '08
For my dad
May 20, 2008

Here I sit, feeling my feet on the floor
An image of grounding you’ve used lots before
Trying to make sense of this surreal, difficult time
While loving where I came from with infinite pride

It’s been amazing how many lines from your songs
Have been lights in the darkness when it all feels wrong
Have comforted, questioned, been profound and fun
Your capacity for humanity is second to none

This world is a better place because of who you are
And that’s known widely – near and far
In music, education, and matters of the heart
You’ve bettered lives right from the start

I’m so proud of you, of where I’ve come from
You’re a huge part of me and have taught me a ton
About being human, love, laughter, and tears
And how to keep going despite life’s fears

Please don’t worry about the rest of us
We’ll take care of each other and will always feel your touch
Your laughter, music, compassion, and voice
Will always be with us in the midst of life’s noise

So here I sit, feeling my feet on the floor
With love and gratitude deep down in my core
I’m so grateful for the time we have had
You’ll always be my mentor, my best friend, my dad.

-Aeden

Irene and Tom last summer

Irene and Tom last summer
The very best dad in the world
Laugh Lines

i’ve always loved your laugh lines,
the way you smile ear to ear
and you always have this easy way
of crushing any fears.
we’ve shared so much so far in life
and i’m so proud and glad
that i can say with confidence
i have the very best dad.

from raspberries to hasty moves
and the cutting edge again?!
to times when you have comforted me
over troubles with my friends.
you know how to relieve the weird feelings
when things don’t feel quite right
you let me put them in your hands
and throw them into the night.

we’ve shared trees against the sky
and books, poems, songs and walks
you taught me respect by looking again
and i’ve always loved our talks.
from dream stories to lake padden eagles
and coloring outside the lines
i can say with ease and confidence
you have the most lovely mind.

i remember all those wakeful nights
and running down the hall
you and mom sang lullabies
and sound asleep i’d fall.
i’m your goofball now—
i’ll always be whether we’re near or far
i’ll hold you close in who i am
no matter where we are.

i know it’s getting harder
to take in this fantastic world
just know i love you—i always will—
as daddy’s little girl.

Irene

May 22, 2008 After baptizing little Maddie

May 22, 2008 After baptizing little Maddie
Exchanging blessings

To My Old Brown Earth by Pete Seeger


To my old brown Earth
And to my old blue sky
I'll now give these last few molecules of I

And you who sing
And you who stand near by
I do charge you not to cry

Guard well our human chain
Watch well you keep it strong
As long as sun will shine

And this our home
Keep pure and sweet and green
For now I'm yours
And you are also mine

with thanks to Cori Dusmann

May 22, 2008 At the Shepherd's

May 22, 2008 At the Shepherd's

"I want my music to be grounded in the realities of what kids and teachers know. I want it to 'ring true; as it helps people laugh, cry, remember, celebrate, and learn."

— Tom Hunter

Tom in his backyard Labor Day 03

Tom in his backyard Labor Day 03
"I've been visiting schools to sing songs for almost 30 years. I've been in a lot of classrooms, presented a lot of workshops, talked with a lot of teachers, and sat on a lot of floors with kids. If I bring reminders of what's important in education, they come from finding those moments when the heart shows up, moments that peek around the corner and need to be invited farther into the room so we can see them. Such moments might seem ordinary but they are way too important to be captured in test scores. They fill teachers (and sometimes children) to overflowing."

Quoted from Tom's introduction to his book of essays : "Visits to the Heart of Education: Remembering What's Important" (available from Song Growing Company - see link below)

"But what if we can't get there?
What if it's too far?
What if we can't find our way from right here where we are?
What if it doesn't matter
that we can't find our star?
What if God comes anyway
right here where we are?"
-Tom Hunter

Northwest Teachers Camp

Northwest Teachers Camp
from Cori Dusmann

Photos

If you have photos of Tom that we can use on the blog, please email them to us at tomhunterblog@gmail.com
Today, like every other day, we wake up empty
and frightened. Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument.

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

Rumi, the Sufi Poet

Clarification -- How to Comment

To comment, please click on the "comments" button below todays date. On the comment page - please write your comment in the box on the right side of the page and then sign your first and last name. Your posting will go through the postmaster - and will be put on the blog as soon as possible. To read comments from others, click on "comment" and read the left side of the page. Thanks
If you have questions about the blog or if this does not work for you -- send your message to the postmaster at: tomhunterblog@gmail.com and it will be posted for you.


Thursday, June 5, 2008

Friday June 6th

20 comments:

njoy00 said...

Tom,
Last time I cried with you my father had just died and I heard you sing Rock Me To Sleep. I was so moved I cried for most of your presentation. I first met you at the California Kindergarten Conference. I think I went to every single session you ever did at CKA. And you did many... I tried to hang around just to listen to your extra special words of wisdom and advice to specific questions after the session was over. It was always great to see the light spark in someone who "had just discovered you". I know they felt, like me, that you were talking just to them, even if we were all part of a huge audience. I could never get enough
of your teachings and wisdom so I bought everything you ever did and subscribed to your newsletter.
I remember a pamplet I got announcing your ....Skills Through the Use of Music and wanting so badly to play hookie and go see you but I just couldn't leave my class
that day. So instead I watched the old video of you and Bev Bos and taught the kids in my class a few new songs. Your music, words and songs have allowed me to sing with my class without benefit of any guitar or piano. Good Morning, Come on and Sing, I Have a Box, Uncle Jesse, Pirate Song, Big Ship Sailing are all songs I have "right in my pocket", anytime I want or need them. I allow the kids to add ideas and make the songs theirs, just like you taught.
Last time I actually talked to you I told you how I used your music to help everyone sing at my father's memorial. It wasn't just the song but your teachings that song can bind us together and help us grow and heal when we are hurting that
gave me the courage to lead about 250 people in song.
Thank you Tom for making me feel "musical" when others have laughed at my attempts. Thank you for giving me the words and the tunes to sing with "my kids" and helping
me make my classroom a much more enriching and joyous place. Thank you for reminding me to be spiritual. This blog and the many people who have posted here are a community that you have inspired. When I first heard I wanted to ask "why"? But it is obvious God has much more important work for you. Now it is up to us to continue your message. With our hands, hearts, work, voice, soul, we're reaching out... Love, Nina Lowrey

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tom, for teaching me, at Teachers Camp, that my relationship with my students is more important than anything else. I have had a very fine third year teaching Sunday School at Congregation Beth Israel.

And, once again, thank you for starting the Christmas Eve concerts -- because when you provided a place for the community to gather to sing Christmas carols, it took pressure off the public schools to provide that place. So you became one of my heroes in the battle for a secular public school system -- with your contribution that embraced instead of confronted, a great lesson in how to accomplish a goal with love and song.

And thank you for years and years and years of kid concerts behind Bellingham Public Library, which I still attend even though my boys are 24 and 17. Maybe this summer we can gather there one day and sing your songs and you can listen. I volunteer to lead the one about the spider who learned to climb up the outside of the water spout (a song that can inspire us when the deluge feels like it might wash us out).

With love, Emily Weiner

Anonymous said...

Tom and Family,
been wanting to leave another thought...

I've held you in my heart this long week as the school year winds down in our K/1 classroom with 3 days left. With so many projects ending and special events in our community planned, I've felt the pressures of heading towards the "finish" sometimes at the cost of pushing aside the opportunities to hold sacred space in a moment to sit fully present and just listen to, laugh, and sing with the children and my colleagues when time didn't seem to afford it. Being so deeply connected through this blog, has been a huge reminder of the importance of those moments.

Tearfully reading the daily entries on this blog, with overhwelming gratitude, I found the courage this week to take my guitar out of the back of the closet where it's sat for years (we sing daily--yet something has always held me from playing in the classroom--in front of parents and colleagues). But this week, we've been singing to the strumming daily whatever I can muster whenever there's been a moment--and even when there hasn't been one. And as the children sing, I feel the presence of your smiling face and booming voice right by my side--and their spirits have been alight--as it should be.

I've been thinking a lot about the quote, you have to "be the change you want to see in others" You are teaching me this even across the distance of time and not knowing me save for singing to you, "shaku tori mushi san, konnichiwa! ara! Konnichiwa!"

I will live the rest of my days with gratitude that you have been teaching me through example of what this quote about change really means. You have given me courage, inspiration and direction to move towards this transformation of becoming more wholly the compassionate and courageous person I deeply appreicate in you,
with endless admiration and appreciation for your work and love to each and every family member,
Kimie Fukuda

Cori said...

Dear Tom,

Are your feet on the floor?
Can you feel them?

Take root.

Feel the floor,
Feel yourself where you are.
Find your HERE
Your place - your place in space

Sometimes it takes an act of will to be here.

Be grounded.
Take root.
Feel your feet on the floor.

Those are your very words - familiar and real and calling me to be present. I copied them down some years ago at camp, and made
myself a small poster, to remind me to not get lost in all the distractions if day to day life. I love how you take ideas, some big and some small, and are able to expand them into huge ponderings, and then distill again to what is most important. Its a gift you've shared with so many all over the continent, and one which will continue to grow and passed on for generations to come. Thank you.

And in closing, a lovely song we're singing in choir these days, that I now sing all day long, for you:

To My Old Brown Earth
Pete Seeger

To my old brown Earth
And to my old blue sky
I'll now give these last few molecules of I

And you who sing
And you who stand near by
I do charge you not to cry

Guard well our human chain
Watch well you keep it strong
As long as sun will shine

And this our home
Keep pure and sweet and green
For now I'm yours
And you are also mine

Love to you, Gwen, Irene, Aeden and Morgan
Cori Dusmann

Anonymous said...

Tom ~
I am sorry to say I have just learned about you through an email. It is obvious from reading your blog that you are an extraordinary man who has touched thousands in your life. As someone in the early childhood field who also loves music, I thank you for your gifts to our children. What an amazing legacy you have created! It is apparent that your impact on children is like the ripples on a pond, reaching far and wide, long after the splash of the pebble. I will be learning more about your music and writings to share with "my" children in my daily work. Thank you. ~ Mary Ellen in Maine

jenmacwhitman said...

Hi Tom,
Our paths have crossed briefly a couple of times over the years, but your music has had a long and lasting impact on our lives. This is a theme that we see recurring in the wonderful words of love and support that fill this blog. We wanted to add our words of gratitude and appreciation. Here are a few songs that we’re especially grateful to you for…
As parents, we’re thankful for “A Little Piece of Air”. This is the calm-down song for our two-year-old daughter. She can be running around in circles, but as soon as we put this song on, your voice brings her back to earth. She carefully puts the air in her pocket, wears it on her head, and then gently passes it on to us for safe-keeping.
As a family, we’re thankful for “Come Into My House”. We can’t count the evenings we’ve spent dancing joyfully around our living room to this song.
As educators, we’re thankful for the entire Bits and Pieces album…the songs lift us up and challenge us every time we listen.
As musicians, we’re thankful for “We Have Sung a Lot of Songs”. Listening to you and Richard singing with your beautiful, unaccompanied voices always brings home the power of song.
Finally, we’re thankful for “We’ve Been Waiting For You”. This is our all-time favorite Tom Hunter song. We sing it constantly to each other and to our students and we’ll continue to do so as long as we’re able.
Thank you for this wonderful legacy of music that reaches out to everyone and helps us all to share the humanity of our lives through beautiful song. Your songs will continue to keep us company…thank you.
Love to you and to all your family,
Jen, Nat, and Cordelia Whitman
(Margie MacDonald’s daughter and family)

Anonymous said...

Dear Tom,

The post from Nina Lowrey mentions "Rock me to Sleep," which I have always loved. What a gift with words.

Just now I have no words at all, except to say that you and your beautiful are constantly in our hearts.

Beverly Gaventa

Anonymous said...

Tom,
I have enjoyed your presentations so many times at NAEYC and CAEYC conferences. Your song about wrinkles, has allowed me to age gracefully- not worried about each tell tale sign of going older. And so many of your songs were played over the years in my classrooms. And the turtle, and, and, words don't suffice. My prayers are with you and your family. Blessed be. Janey Marquez, Phoenix AZ, formerly of Santa Ana, Ca

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom,
I'm thinking back to times we shared, and especially our wedding day, April 12, 1980. Steve and I were so excited that we got the giggles at the altar, and you had to shush us to remind us of the seriousness of taking a vow for a life time. (I sent a picture from the wedding, where maybe you can see the laughter.) It has always been such a joy to be with you.
Last night I made grilled cheese sandwiches, using the"recipe" that we learned from you--with mustard! Somehow, that combination of flavors reminds me of you, and it always will. Little everyday things bring memories for keeps.
Your wisdom and joy will "keep going" with all the love and energy you've always put into every life you touched.
Much love and many hugs,
Michael (and Steve) Scott

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tom, for being a great brother-in-law & a good Uncle to Katie & Matthew.They grew up with your music. I've loved sharing our high school band experiences,you with your bassoon and me with my oboe. We could always act superior to those brass players who put their spit from their instrument on the floor(gross), Matt one of them.
You always have a way of teasing me with lots of love behind it. I remember just this year when I opened a present for you & Gwen, it was a green bag for veggies in the fridge. I said that Katie had just gotten on just like that for me for Christmas, but it was white a different material. So the tease began" Oh it's JUST like it only different color and different material". So funny.
Then another time I said I had two of something & held up 3 fingers instead, wow did you pick up on that!!
So Tom, I just want to tell you again, in person too I know, how much I love you and Gwen, Aeden & Rena( a good pet name for Irene). Thanks for the good times together.You have a strong family here in Hood River,in California & Up there in Bellingham. Love Kathie

Anonymous said...

Dear Tom,

I’ve only met you one time. I have no memories to share here, only good thoughts for you and your family. The love is pouring in from all sides, as you know. Here at work, from the Columbia Neighborhood, I am reminded, inspired, and honored to think of you daily. And I want to share that I am also remembering someone else like you, my childhood neighbor who helped shape my life. I spent Tom Hunter Day in active celebration and remembrance, and I thought you would like to know.

David Eddy hosted a Public Television music show for children in Seattle in the 60’s, so I was told. This was long before I was even born. He was retired when I was a small child already. I never saw him on television, only heard of it. I just knew him as Uncle David, my neighbor. His house was full of pianos, harpsichords, marimbas, and crazy instruments from around the world. He was constantly singing, to his family, to his neighbors, to himself. He used to build steel drums in his backyard, tuning them carefully for hours, blowtorch in hand, awesome tenor uber-vibrato humming some song or other just louder than whatever noise he was making. Like a warbly aged opera singer, tinny and a little over the top but skilled and beautiful, can you hear him? He taught me to play piano, let me practice on his museum-quality harpsichord, and generally inspired me from an early age to be a listener, a lover of music, a musician, and a collector of musical things. He died when I was in high school, more than 20 years ago. I’ve thought of him a lot over the years, and I spent yesterday really remembering what it’s like to be a child who had someone like that in their life. I had him just like so many Whatcom County kids have you. When they are 37 years old, they’ll remember too.

You are in my thoughts!

Megan McGinnis
Co-worker of Irene
Columbia Neighborhood resident
Musically inspired grown-up

Unknown said...

Tom and Family,
I am not a poet or a songwriter, but you have inspired me to make music part of my classroom and part of my life. I smile each day as I watch my kids dance around the room, or sing to my daughter to sleep each night. Thank you for that beautiful gift. You will be missed, but heard every day by so many... There are no other words.

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Today I worked with children at Mt. View Elementary School in Ferndale because it is their big "Art Fair". I was going to sing a song as I told them about Vincent van Gogh, the song "Starry Night". Normally I can belt one out with the best'of'm, but today, as soon as I heard my own voice begin, I was suddenly with my friend, Tom, and it caught me off guard, and because I was so surprised by this sudden jolt, I teared up and was unable to get my song out. Some of the kids later said, "What was wrong....?" And I said, "I was missing a good friend who is ill..." And as kids will, they understood and patted my arm. One 5th grade girl said to me private, "I think you can sing it in your car, and think about your friend alone. It's ok to cry in your car." So I did. And she was so right.

"Starry starry night,
Paint your palette blue and grey,
Look out on a summer's day,
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.
Shadows on the hills,
Sketch the trees and the daffodils,
Catch the breeze and the winter chills,
In colors on the snowy linen land.
Starry, starry night.
Flaming flowers that brightly blaze,
Swirling clouds in violet haze,
Reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue.
Colors changing hue,
Morning field of amber grain,
Weathered faces lined in pain,
Are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand.
Now I understand
what you tried to say to me,
How you suffered for your sanity,
How you tried to set them free.
They would not listen,
They did not know how.
Perhaps they'll listen now.

MARYANN
KOHL
www.brightring.com

Ben said...

So many years of gratitude and inspiration! Almost yesterday you were sitting on our front room couch probing us with potential lyrics about someone who noticed.
I read an description of Japanese folk artist Sadao Watanabe: "closer to the heart of the people." I guess that's how I see your life and ministry.
And our hearts are with you and Gwen, Aeden and Irene.

Blessings!
Ben and Suzanne Paroulek

Anonymous said...

My Catholic kids ask me about saints. It's a hard thing to explain to them, but we've managed for a few years to tell them that saints are extraordinary people who lived amazing and holy lives, and we should try to emulate their good works.

At dinner the other night, my 11 year old, a long-time Tom Hunter fan, finally asked us the question we'd been dreading: "Is Tom going to die?" Yes, we said, bracing ourselves for the tears. And then our family said grace, and thanked God letting us get to know a real-life, contemporary saint. A holy man who has shown us that all lives can be extraordinary. Thank you Tom for showing us the way.
-- Brian, Jennifer, Anya & Madeline Rick

Anonymous said...

dear tom, gwenn,irene and aeden,
i sit here looking out at a cold cloudy june. just wanted to tell all of you that i am thinking of you with love....still singing and making 'gravy'
the words of one of the mystics keep popping into my head
'all is well, all is well, all will be well'
don't know why.
love to you all,
Anne-Louise 'Joisey' Sterry

Anonymous said...

Readers of this blog in the San Francisco Bay Area will want to know that Tom will be honored this Sunday morning, June 8, on KGO Radio, 810 AM from 7-745 a.m. I understand Gwen will on the line, plus Bev Bos, Tom's longtime ECE partner singing and leading workshops, and two of us UCC ministers who have known and loved Tom since the 1970s. I understand they will play "My turtle's name is Fred." Tom was the founding host in the 1970s of "God Talk" on KGO each Sunday morning for 3 hours. Feel free to call in at 808-0810 (no area code needed). We love you Tom! What a gift you are to us all! John

Mahala said...

I just read the info on KGO and God Talk. I grew up in California and I knew many who listened to God Talk!
Small world.
Mahala
Bellingham

Sara Armstrong said...

Tom,
I just learned of your illness and am so very sad. I remember the joyful way you started each day of the National Storytelling Network's conference in Bellingham several years ago.

It was an honor to be in your presence--the inspirational music, being able to sing along, the laughter...Thank you for begin one who shared his gift so freely and lovingly with us all.

Sara Armstrong

postmaster said...

Hello Hunter Family,

I have tears streaming down my face. I am so sorry. I just heard the news (thank you for the note via the tomhunter.com website) and I am heartbroken.

I only just met Tom a few weeks ago (March 1, 2008). I guess I am out of the loop, as it seems he's made his mark on children's lives for years based on the amazing responses on your blog. My oldest is almost 2.5 yrs old so I guess that explains my ignorance (and we moved here from Portland).

Anyway, we attend Wedgwood Toddler Co-op in Seattle (Teacher Sandi Dexter) and Tom was kind enough to brighten our day this spring in at an all-school concert. We (of course) arrived a bit late but it was immediately apparent that my daughter was drawn to his warm and lively character. Finley is the one in the pink skirt in the first photo on the left side. She danced a bit while I took photos and tended to our baby. Mostly she just stared at Tom (can you blame her? :) ). His concert was very fun and my favorite part was when he modified "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and told the story about the kindergartner that explained that the spider should climb up the outside of the drain so as not to be washed away. With grace, he made the song into his own and I will forever wish he was singing that version to me. I was sold!

We purchased a few CD's and then made our way outside. Tom was gathering his things and packing up his car. Finley ran out and said "Thank you, Tom!" and he was very sweet in responding to her with all of his attention. I won't forget it.

The next day, we were driving and listening to "In the Air" and she said, "Is this Tom singing?". In shock and awe, I responded that it was...it was Tom singing with two other people but she picked out his voice. She now demands to hear "Tom Hunter" sing in the car and the request is quite specific: "Mama, I need to hear Tom Hunter sing in the van now, please".

We will buy every CD and listen to your voice for years and years, Tom. Thank you for your gift. We feel blessed to have met you, albeit briefly this March. We wish you pain-free days, wonderful memories, and peace.

The photos I took below are not awesome and for that I apologize. Please let me know if I can do anything to help. I'd be happy to make prints, send you the CD of the photos, retouch, etc. Or whatever else you guys need.

Thank you again.

xoxo
Wynne McIntosh, James Tanner, Finley and Rex