Click the link below to read more updates about Tom from his family:

Singing together somewhere in time

Singing together somewhere in time
Tom & Gwen

Tom Hunter

For information about Tom Hunter, his ideas, and his music, visit www.tomhunter.com.

Tom Hunter left all of us a legacy of celebration, music, compassion and giving to our communities. Throughout his lifetime, Tom worked with people of all ages and backgrounds to teach new ways of learning and living. We all are committed to "keeping it going" by remembering his smile and his music and his voice.

There was a tremendous outpouring of support for the Hunters during this transition, and the family is deeply grateful.

TOM'S HEALTH

Tom Hunter was diagnosed on May 20, 2008 with Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease and died on June 20, 2008.

On September 2, 2008, a letter from the National Prion Disease Pathology Research Center confirmed that Tom had what's called 'sporadic CJD' (sCJD). His was an extremely rare type of sCJD that one in 4.5 million people are diagnosed with annually. We're very grateful that he did not have the inherited form, but it's critically important that a cure for all forms of CJD (caused by scrapy proteins in the brain which can take up to 40 years to manifest and kill their victims) are found. All forms of CJD are fatal.

The most accurate and up-to-date site for learning about CJD and supporting efforts to find a cure is http://www.cjdfoundation.org/ .

Tom and Gwen

Tom and Gwen
2007

Tom and Aeden

Tom and Aeden
May 8,2008

Tom and Irene

Tom and Irene
May 24th, 2008

To live on this earth
you must be able
to do three things:
To love what is mortal;
To hold it
against your bones knowing
your own life depends on it;
And when the time comes to let it go,
to let it go.

mary oliver

DONATIONS

Please help provide financial support by sending whatever you can. We are hoping for lots of $25. hugs- or whatever works for you - to help the Hunters with medical and transition expenses. They also want to protect the wetlands, forest and farm* that have seen so much of their love over the years and to help keep Tom's work alive in the world. (*Contributions given specifically for the mortgage have been moved with overwhelming gratitude to the new Tom Hunter Memorial Account described above.) If you wish to make a donation please make checks payable to Tom Hunter Family Donation (or to Tom Hunter Memorial Account) and mail to:

Whatcom Educational Credit Union
PO Box 9750
Bellingham, WA 98227

If you'd prefer to donate safely and securely using your credit/debit card, use this button:

Now the focus narrows to just the steps ahead. You have a chorus of knowing, loving voices all over this planet to sing you home.
flip

PHOTOS - NOW ON A NEW PAGE

Many of the photos from this page and also new ones have been moved to their own page and can be viewed by clicking on the link below. If you have photos to share please send them to us at tomhunterblog@gmail.com Thanks.

Singing with friends

Singing with friends
Salem Oregon 1990

Laughing at a story

Laughing at a story
June 7th from Marie
"All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today" Indian Proverb
with love from Gege Manolis

Tom and Irene

Tom and Irene
June 2008

COMMENTS and HOW TO HELP

To leave a comment for Tom and his family please scroll to the bottom of this page, and then come back up to today's date on the left side. Click on "comments" and leave your message in the box on the right side of the comments page. Your comment will not show up immediately as all comments go through the postmaster. They will be posted as soon as possible. If your comment is not posted within 24 hours please contact the postmaster at tomhunterblog@gmail.com

There are many ways to help. Please click on www.tomhuntersupport.blogspot.com under Music, Meals, Flowers, Yard Work, Farm Work below or look for the How to Help section opposite the daily comments on the right side of the blog towards the bottom.

The Hunter Family

The Hunter Family

Words from Tom's Dad

May 26
Somebody noticed what you did today
Somebody noticed little things along the way
How you watched how you listened to what children do and say;
Somebody noticed what you've done alway
'Tis grace has brought us safe thus far,
And grace will lead us home.

May 29
And the Angels took care of him.

May 31st
The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you, your family, the city of Bellingham, and the world, peace-- both now and forevermore. Amen

Tom with the love quilt

Tom with the love quilt
From First Congregational Church of Bellingham

Aeden, Tom & Willard Hunter

Aeden, Tom & Willard Hunter
Three Generations

Tom and Cindy

Tom and Cindy
Prayer rocks from Lummi Island
"Sometimes healing is more than getting better. Sometimes it's love revealed....." - Tom Hunter

Aeden and Tom, April '08

Aeden and Tom, April '08
For my dad
May 20, 2008

Here I sit, feeling my feet on the floor
An image of grounding you’ve used lots before
Trying to make sense of this surreal, difficult time
While loving where I came from with infinite pride

It’s been amazing how many lines from your songs
Have been lights in the darkness when it all feels wrong
Have comforted, questioned, been profound and fun
Your capacity for humanity is second to none

This world is a better place because of who you are
And that’s known widely – near and far
In music, education, and matters of the heart
You’ve bettered lives right from the start

I’m so proud of you, of where I’ve come from
You’re a huge part of me and have taught me a ton
About being human, love, laughter, and tears
And how to keep going despite life’s fears

Please don’t worry about the rest of us
We’ll take care of each other and will always feel your touch
Your laughter, music, compassion, and voice
Will always be with us in the midst of life’s noise

So here I sit, feeling my feet on the floor
With love and gratitude deep down in my core
I’m so grateful for the time we have had
You’ll always be my mentor, my best friend, my dad.

-Aeden

Irene and Tom last summer

Irene and Tom last summer
The very best dad in the world
Laugh Lines

i’ve always loved your laugh lines,
the way you smile ear to ear
and you always have this easy way
of crushing any fears.
we’ve shared so much so far in life
and i’m so proud and glad
that i can say with confidence
i have the very best dad.

from raspberries to hasty moves
and the cutting edge again?!
to times when you have comforted me
over troubles with my friends.
you know how to relieve the weird feelings
when things don’t feel quite right
you let me put them in your hands
and throw them into the night.

we’ve shared trees against the sky
and books, poems, songs and walks
you taught me respect by looking again
and i’ve always loved our talks.
from dream stories to lake padden eagles
and coloring outside the lines
i can say with ease and confidence
you have the most lovely mind.

i remember all those wakeful nights
and running down the hall
you and mom sang lullabies
and sound asleep i’d fall.
i’m your goofball now—
i’ll always be whether we’re near or far
i’ll hold you close in who i am
no matter where we are.

i know it’s getting harder
to take in this fantastic world
just know i love you—i always will—
as daddy’s little girl.

Irene

May 22, 2008 After baptizing little Maddie

May 22, 2008 After baptizing little Maddie
Exchanging blessings

To My Old Brown Earth by Pete Seeger


To my old brown Earth
And to my old blue sky
I'll now give these last few molecules of I

And you who sing
And you who stand near by
I do charge you not to cry

Guard well our human chain
Watch well you keep it strong
As long as sun will shine

And this our home
Keep pure and sweet and green
For now I'm yours
And you are also mine

with thanks to Cori Dusmann

May 22, 2008 At the Shepherd's

May 22, 2008 At the Shepherd's

"I want my music to be grounded in the realities of what kids and teachers know. I want it to 'ring true; as it helps people laugh, cry, remember, celebrate, and learn."

— Tom Hunter

Tom in his backyard Labor Day 03

Tom in his backyard Labor Day 03
"I've been visiting schools to sing songs for almost 30 years. I've been in a lot of classrooms, presented a lot of workshops, talked with a lot of teachers, and sat on a lot of floors with kids. If I bring reminders of what's important in education, they come from finding those moments when the heart shows up, moments that peek around the corner and need to be invited farther into the room so we can see them. Such moments might seem ordinary but they are way too important to be captured in test scores. They fill teachers (and sometimes children) to overflowing."

Quoted from Tom's introduction to his book of essays : "Visits to the Heart of Education: Remembering What's Important" (available from Song Growing Company - see link below)

"But what if we can't get there?
What if it's too far?
What if we can't find our way from right here where we are?
What if it doesn't matter
that we can't find our star?
What if God comes anyway
right here where we are?"
-Tom Hunter

Northwest Teachers Camp

Northwest Teachers Camp
from Cori Dusmann

Photos

If you have photos of Tom that we can use on the blog, please email them to us at tomhunterblog@gmail.com
Today, like every other day, we wake up empty
and frightened. Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument.

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

Rumi, the Sufi Poet

Clarification -- How to Comment

To comment, please click on the "comments" button below todays date. On the comment page - please write your comment in the box on the right side of the page and then sign your first and last name. Your posting will go through the postmaster - and will be put on the blog as soon as possible. To read comments from others, click on "comment" and read the left side of the page. Thanks
If you have questions about the blog or if this does not work for you -- send your message to the postmaster at: tomhunterblog@gmail.com and it will be posted for you.


Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wednesday June 11th and Thursday June 12th

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hunter Family,

Today as I was reading the book TURN TOWARD PROMISE, by John Indermark I came across a chapter titled "Remnants"(based on Isaiah 10:20-23) The words seemed to call to me over and over again to really pay attention. The author tells of a group of women from Naselle Congregational United Church of Christ in WASHINGTON state. These women weave rugs using remnants of clothing like dresses and SHIRTS. He wonders what a persons reaction might be to seeing part of their favorite SHIRT in one of these rugs. "After all, remnants are just that, fragments of a now -lost whole." I took some bit of comfort in these words:
"It may only be a remnant, but a remnant will survive, will return....Isaiah's word of the remnant and our trust in the God of remnants do not come easily. Yet both come with promise: the promise that we may find renewal when loss or change leaves us less than whole; the promise that God can weave the frayed and worn remnants of our lives into new persons and new communities and new wholeness."
Keeping you in my heart and prayers.

Sally Evey

Anonymous said...

Still sending lots of love and prayers your way from Houston. We hold you close everyday!
Debbie and all at St. Luke's Day School

Anonymous said...

Praying for each of you. Proverbs 16:24 Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, soothing to the touch, healing to the bone. Glad that you have so many pleasant words to recall together. Peace be with you. Love surround you. God's strength sustain you. love love love. Thank you for sharing and caring. love

Anonymous said...

Dear Tom,
When I started a career as a preschool teacher,yours was the first workshop I attended in Phoenix Az. My opening song at circle was "I'm Waiting for you". It has remained a favorite of mine. I have been blessed by your caring and insight into the nature of children. Thank you for giving so much of yourself to the world. Ironically, the Lord is singing that song for you. My prayers are with you and your family.
Sincerely,
Murrie Schraven, Phoenix AZ.

Anonymous said...

This message is for Aeden -
Hotcha kotcha! Good job!

Anonymous said...

To Tom, Gwen, Aeden, and Irene:

I just wanted to drop a note saying that my prayers and thoughts are with you all. I just found an email about Tom's condition and it brought me to tears. I feel very blessed and honored that I was even given the opportunity to meet Tom and the rest of you.
Love, Kristen Wasson

Robin Douglas said...

Hi, Hunter Family -
I laughed when I read Debbie Handy's blog - she mentioned how surprised she'd been to learn so many new things about Tom, even after knowing him for 20 years. I've been feeling the same way! Apparently there are still remnants of an egocentric 4-year-old in me...you mean Tom made records and had a radio show and had a full rich life before I met him?!?! : D Many of my NWTC friends know that I love to shop on Ebay...laugh if you want, but you know what I found on Ebay? Tom Hunter LPs!!! As soon as the packages came I ripped off the wrapping and poured over the covers...it was fun to see the photos of you and your friends and the photo of beautiful Gwen and the kids on the back of Our Record Tom, I could actually hear your voice in my head as I read the liner notes. I was struck by how clear you were even then about what's important for kids and how true you've stayed to the ideals you held 30 years ago - that it's okay to show all of our feelings, that everyone should be accepted just as they are, that we need to take care of each other...what treasures. Now, if I can manage to get the gigantic speakers hooked up to my circa 1977 stereo, I can actually listen to the records! In the meantime, I'm singing your songs...to myself, to my student teachers and to the preschoolers in my summer school class...we're keeping it going!
Please know that I'm thinking of you all every day and sending you big squishy mental hugs,
Love,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Hello, I've never posted before but my mom, Billie Ognenoff, is a friend of Tom's. I had the opportunity to meet and hang out with him at the National conference in Chicago this past November. I have to say that he is an amazing person and I feel honored to have meet him. I bought 4 of his CDs and brought them back for the kids in my class of two year olds to listen to. They love them. When I told them that the man who sings their beloved pirate song was very sick one of the like boys said "where is he,I'll kiss him and make him better" I just thought I would let you know that even two year olds are thinking of him. Tom will forever stay in my classroom and in my prayers.
Betsy Ognenoff

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom and Gwen,

I have been remembering when you married Jan and me in 2001 at your house that beautiful fall afternoon. How Gwen had flowers for the event that she gave to us and that lived throughout that fall in the front yard until the winter snow. How you spoke of Loren Eiseley's story of the singing birds that made the decision to live in the shadow of death. I was so touched by how you were able to bring beauty and grace to that moment so that we could see even more clearly the importance of our decision together. You have always helped so many of us remember to notice the importance of the decisions and actions in our lives. Thank you. Thank you both. - Geof

Candy said...

Tom and family,
I sit here thinking of the times that have spent with Tom and I remember the awe that I have had each time that we met. For me you have been the stone tossed in the lake, with your wisdom and kindness sending ripples of insight out to all of us.
Irene's amazing poem reminded me of the wonderful smile you that always seem to be on your face whenever a song or a discussion of children occurred. I look at those magnificent lines as wisdom tracks that are evidence of your love for all that is good in the human spirit. You have taught so many of us to cherish our children and to stand up for who they are as marvelous, unique individuals. As a potter I am reminded of how what we create in our lives can be remembered. Each pot tells a story and brings delight to the many people that handle it. So too does your music and your unfailing commitment to children. Thank you for mentoring so many of us and for bringing a light into our days. My love to all of your family and gratitude for their willingness to share this time with those of us who love you and all that you have shared.
Candy B.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tom,
I was first introduced to you and your music at South Primary School in Everson. When part of our staff moved to Nooksack Elementary you again visited our classrooms there. You had such a way with the students. Since that time my own kids have grown to love your music and sing along. As I was putting things away for summer, yesterday I found a small stick you had given me when you last visited Nooksack a few years ago. It brought back many memories as you intended. I remember a time when I saw you at Haggens and you inquired about my life and our staff. You have touched many lives with your kindness and music. Thank you for your gift of music, friendship and inspiration.
Sincerely,
LeAnn Strong (Almy)
Nooksack Elementary

Anonymous said...

dear tom,gwenn,irene and aeden,

you know i have been thinking about how you guys are teaching me about conscious dying. i recently met Nancy Jewel Poer, a woman who experiences, speaks and writes about this. and now you all are demonstating how a family goes about this.
you are sharing your hearts and love with us.. this huge community of people who have been touched by meeting you all.
gwenn i remember meeting you the first time i came to camp and being drawn to your quiet,peaceful presence. aeden i remember your laughter, smile and you being one of the 'supremes' singing stop in the name of love! irene i only met you briefly one night during charades and we talked about your wish to go to school in California.
i loved the 'spirit' i felt from all of you.
and now i learn from all of you how dying is a part of life, how it is not to be feared, how sharing your hearts blesses all who hear,how grief contains also joy.
i suspect this is not much comfort to you now. but... know you are giving such a grace to so many. saying thank you is not enough.
i see the hunter family surrounded by light, held and rocked by so many who love you all.

singing for you all...still got the gravy bubbling on the stove,
love...
'joisey' aka anne-louise

Anonymous said...

My first-ever concert was in a church basement in Portland, Oregon. I couldn't have been more than 5 years old, but I remember being VERY excited to see the person whose songs we heard from our record player every day. We were so proud to get Tom Hunter's signature on our "Our Record" album, and we thought it was almost as cool that our mom had her albums signed as well. (Those records are still around, and it wasn't too many years ago that we pulled them out to listen in the "traditional" way.)

When my nieces started listening to Tom's music, I discovered that I still, 20 or so years later, remembered all the words to my favorite songs. Indeed, as I write this it's hard not to be hearing the strains of "it's a red plaid shirt, a short-sleeve, long-sleeve shirt."

Thank you, Tom, for your role in chldren's lives. While the tunes of many song writers graced our home, none were so infectious and welcome as yours.

Anonymous said...

Tom and Family,
Thanks for sharing this opportunity to offer our appreciations for the many ways you have enriched our lives. This blog is a testimony to all of you - for caring so deeply about KEEPING IT GOING! A small way we're keeping it going...

Today the parent educators and teachers of the North Seattle Community College Coop Preschools are gathering for a luncheon. At each place is a bookmark for them - and on the bookmark some inspired quotes - from your blog, from your book and from you. Just wanted you to know one small way you continue to inspire and enrich our lives.

And here's a quote for you from Ralph Waldo Emerson:
"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children... to leave the world a better place.. to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." That is YOU, Tom!

Sandi Dexter

Melanie said...

Dear Tom and family -

Yesterday I went with my son's kindergarten class to Silver Lake park for a field trip. The teacher brought her guitar and after lunch we sang songs around the fire. The last song sung was Rainbow Round Me. Those beautiful twinkling voices filled the trees....I thought you'd like to know that. Many beautiful voices wrapping round you like a rainbow today.

Melanie Hartley & Reid

helen j said...

Dear Tom,
I have been a Tom Hunter groupie for many years. I teach developmentally delayed preschool and have seen you at many conferences, bought your albums, and taken your signing songs workshop through BER. You have made such a huge difference in my teaching and my life. I still have your old vinyl albums and love them as much today as when I first bought them. I just couldn't let another day go by without letting you know that I take inspiration from you daily. Thank you, Tom, for being you and sharing your wondrous gifts with me. Godspeed.

Anonymous said...

Dear Hunter Family,

You all are obviously loved and supported and so I add my prayers to help you in the days ahead. Please give Tom a big hug and a howdy from his friend Gail Worley Permenter in Illinois. George and Margie send their love as well.

postmaster said...

Hi Hunter family and friends:

I've been reading the blog daily, gaining inspiraton and insight from the many postings of stories and songs and memories shared. I posted about my relationship with Tom and his work on your June 1st comments page, and have just now found a few photos from the time we were at the Good Stuff for Kids workshop in November 2006. At that time I gave Tom a copy of my thesis, since I was so inspired by his work and messages about the importance of participation not performance, and helping others find their voices.

I had also brought along my copy of Tom's book "Build It Up" which Tom autographed for me as he chuckled saying that I was one of the few who had it, and that it was out of print and that HarperCollins had decided not to renew it. I think the song is a gem and have sung it with all ages of children - and the book just adds another dimension to that lovely simple song.

Anyway, just know that I continue to hold you all in loving, healing light. I've sent an order for some CD's and Tom's Heart of Education book - which I needed to send snail-mail since I couldn't get Pay Pal to cooperate with me.

There are so many circles of support and love around you. As hard as this must be for you all, I hope that hearing from those of us in the outer circles,and realizing how far-reaching those circles extend is somehow helping.

With a grateful, aching heart,
Hope Moffatt
Fort McMurray, Alberta

Anonymous said...

Hi Hunters! Lots of love to you all! I sure appreciate how real Tom is and how he's honored every emotion a person can have. Its means alot to be validated. I remember using the song Welcome Table for communion, that was great and thank you for that song. I appreciate always being welcomed by you all. When I would walk into a rehearsal Tom would be so welcoming and glad to see each and everyone of us at the rehearsal. I was thinking recently at how important it is to be accepted at every level and for every emotion when you're healing. Sometimes people think you shouldn't feel sad or one should be "over" a sad feeling "by now." Tom has always been so comfortable with all levels of healing and it's great to know Tom because of this. For such a happy person he's just not threatened by a wide range of feelings people can have. Thank you Tom! Alot of people have been able to move "forward" because of your ministering spirit! It's always good to hang with you guys, you all are so special to me. Love, Cindy M

Anonymous said...

Tom, Gwen, Aeden and Irene,
The gift of this blog and your incredibly honest and warm words is such a blessing to me. It keeps me informed and somehow close to you, I learn and grow by reading your words as well as those that come from all your dear friends, and it gives me a moment to reflect on what is important, what I love and value, and what my spirit is feeling. Thank you!

You, dear Tom, are the one that has tweaked and challenged my spirit over the years - as we planned Joy Jester Christmas eve services in the early 80's, as we wrestled with scripture and how to interpret it with NO words, as we talked of Parker Palmer's work and words, as we sat over coffee at the Adagio - I am SO grateful for those times. Each and every day now I find myself humming and then often singing out-loud tunes or words that connect me to you all. This is new! It is my spirit alive - singing, wondering, missing you, sending prayers to you and Gwen and Aeden and Irene, and sorting through all these feelings that keep roiling around me.

I was looking through my Courage to Teach notebook on Monday as the poetry we used in those sessions was so powerful. This one seems to wrap its poetic arms around what you, The Hunters, are doing, giving me yet another powerful gift.

YES - by Judy Brown

The pain of endings,
real, anticipated,
swamps the living
that is possible
before the end.

The joy and grief
are all about a
single thing:
what matters most.

If I deny them,
either one,
I am denying life.

And so to
both of them
the joy and grief,
I say a silent
"Yes."

Deep thanks and warm hugs to you all,

Margie Kimberley

Anonymous said...

Dear Tom, Gwen, Aeden and Irene, Thank you for being so willing to share of yourselves with all of us as you go through this experience together. What powerful words and thoughts you and everyone have shared! We, too, have many fond memories of shared moments with you all. Remembering fondly our living together at Shrader Street, Irene's birth, and our moments on the river, which led to The River Song. And the many conversations about the world and its demands on us all. More recently we have special memories of seeing you at your home/farm in Bellingham and sharing songs in the North Cascades. We just returned from a road trip, and we played Tom tapes, which brought back so many memories. Know that our love is with you as you live through these challenging days. Your spirits inspire us to live life more fully in each moment. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Feel free to give us a call if you'd like to talk, or if we can be helpful in any way. Jan and Dave Hartsough

Anonymous said...

Tom, Gwen, and family,

You have touched so many of us in this community and beyond with your love and music and committment to creating a gentler and more humane world. Your stories about singing at rest homes and schools and about really listening to people are embedded forever in my heart. Thank you for all you have done for our community.

Denise Guren

Cori said...

Dearest Tom, Gwen, Irene, Aeden and Morgan,

Once again, a song, one of the most beautiful I've ever been blessed to hear or sing. Our choir sings in a huge circle, usually 100-150 strong, sometimes more. At the beginning of each session, as we welcome new singers, we finish our evening by holding them in the centre of our circle and singing this to them. Our concerts are in a 1998 Methodist church, built for its acoustics, with a very rounded shape. Last night at our final rehearsal for this weekend's concerts, i put you all in the centre of that circle, in an exquisite building with the sun setting through a glorious stained glass window.

Love and peace to you all,
Cori Dusmann

Mystery
J. Geffen

It lives in the seed of a tree as it grows
You can hear it if you listen to the wind as it blows
It's there in the river as it flows into the sea
It's the sound in the soul of a man becoming free
And it lives in the laughter of children at play
And in the blazing sun that gives life to the day
It moves in the planets and the stars in the sky
It's been the mover of mountains since the beginning of time

O Mystery, you are alive, I feel you all around
You are the fire in my heart
You are the holy sound
You are all of life and its to you that I pray
Oh grant that I may feel you, always in ev'rything

And it lives in the waves that crash upon the beach
I've seen it in the Gods that we have tried to reach
I feel it in the love that I know we need so much
And I know it in your smile, my love, when our hearts do touch
But when I listen deep inside I feel you best of all
Like a moon that's glowing white and I listen to your call
And I know that you will guide me
I feel you like the tide
Rushing through the ocean of my heart that's open wide

O Mystery, you are alive, I feel you all around
You are the fire in my heart
You are the holy sound
You are all of life and its to you that I pray
Oh grant that I may feel you, always in ev'rything
Oh grant that I may feel you, always in ev'rything.
O Mystery

Anonymous said...

The following flier is being circulated in Central California:

BENEFIT CONCERT FOR
TOM HUNTER AND FAMILY

WEDNESDAY JUNE 25, 2008 AT 7:00 PM
AT
MODESTO CHURCH OF THE BRETHREN
2301 WOODLAND AVENUE, MODESTO, CA

Suggested Donation: $20 Adults
$5 Children/Youth 17 & under
(any amount welcome)

Featuring Performances by:
BEV BOS AND MICHAEL LEEMAN
JIM AND JUDY MANLEY
BILL ROBERSON
STORY QUILTERS
KENNY VANDE KIEFT
ALAN CLAASSEN
CRAIG AND DAVE
SCOTT GIFFORD

All proceeds go to Tom and his family. Tom has been diagnosed with an aggressive neuro-degenerative disease and is in hospice care.

A gifted singer/songwriter for over 25 years, featured on over a dozen recordings, Tom has performed concerts at local schools, assemblies and early childhood teacher conferences.

For information contact:
(209) 523-8445

Anonymous said...

Dear Family,

I finally figured out how to add a blog!

Just wanted to drop a line to say you have been heavy on my hearts and in my prayers these days.

I love you all very much!

Tom,

You have been a huge blessing to me. We have had many wonderful memories with you over the years (I will always remember sitting around in your living room singing while you played the guitar- in fact you were a huge insipiration in me learning to play!)but one thing stands out to me the most. Every time I have spent time with you I rememember feeling a bit more confident of who I am and more at peace. You have a powerful effect on those around you and your legacy will live on through generations. I am honored to have had you as an uncle and I love you very much.

May you be surrounded in the Peace of the Lord in these days!

Love,

Katie Breshears

Marla Bronstein said...

Dear Gwen, Irene and Aeden: Every minute now, your strength and resolve to be present every moment for Tom and for each other takes my breath away. I am sending you love and more love.

Marla B.

Please kiss Mr. Hunter for me.